Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The 1st of 7 days in New York

Paul enjoying coffee in Time Square.
We flew overnight from LA to New York and was amazed at how quick and easy it was to catch the train from JFK into Penn Station. Well, I say easy because of the helpful and patient attendant helping us with the ticket machine. We all had a good laugh anyway!
Help came again as we popped out of the ground right in the middle of Seventh Ave. I must have been holding the map upside down! I was wondering do we go left or right and another kind local pointed us in the right direction of Downtown. Our hotel is walking distance in Chelsea with a bonus of free internet, a comfortable room and a view of a very interesting brick wall. It's funny but I actually don't mind the brick wall, there are very old steel shutters on the windows which must hold a thousand stories of the depression and a lifetime of secrets. I think there is inspiration for a Zentangle in that brick wall!
Whenever I have seen a photo of Time Square, I would think that one day we will sit on those red chairs, people watch and have coffee! Tick that off the list too!

3 comments:

  1. New York is where I grew up. Going into the city was always a special treat for me. I love hearing how you are experiencing it for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mum and Dad, (3rd time lucky I have been having trouble posting a comment)Looks like you are having fun I will print out your blog to show the Nans. I have been checking the time diference Heidi & Samuel are very interested in that. Keep safe and have fun I will look forward in reading the next bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you've made it across the seas! Enjoy your time in NY and I look forward to meeting you both next week in Providence!

    ReplyDelete