Friday, April 8, 2016

Inspired by Zentangle Primer Vol:1

My copy of Rick and Maria's latest book 'Zentangle Primer Vol 1' arrived in the mail this week!

Opening the pages to see all the splendid delights I was soon primed and pumped to put pen to tile!
Zentangle language is expanding and we learn new terms in the book like Reticula and Fragments. There are exercises to follow with 'how-to' tips, string ideas, shading tips and enhancements. From Zentangle basics to more intricate tangles there is inspiration for all of us.

Primer Vol:1 is an elegant gift of Zentangle lessons.
Thank you Rick and Maria for helping to keep the Zentangle sparkle glowing brightly.

Hopefully our Aussie dollar will improve soon which will help with the cost of the book. I will be placing an order early in May so if anyone in Australia would like a copy, let me know and I will add your name to the list. At this stage the book is priced at $75.00 AUD plus $13.40 postage.

It's a great day to tangle!






 
 

6 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! I like the colors also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your spiral tangles. The book is great isn't it, even doing the first exercises is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Shelly! And, I agree....the book is great and beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still excitedly waiting for my copy of the book. I love how the tiles create one larger drawing. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could afford to get the Primer, Shelly, but can't right now, but will be saving my pennies and hopefully will be able to soon. And, yes, I wish the dollar would improve, too, so that things aren't so expensive from overseas. There are times when there are disadvantages in living in the best and safest place in the world, and this is one of them. The other one is Australia Post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! Beautiful work as always. I still don't have my copy of the book, but am inspired even more to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete